For those looking for a list of scary movies to watch this Halloween season, why not try something new? In my research this past month, a friend of mine brought up the late actor Christopher Lee.
Lee is well known to many as being Saruman from the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies. Last year, on June 7, 2015, he died at the age of 93.
What many people do not know is that Lee’s career spans over 69 years. In that career, he was well known as playing the villain, mainly in scary movies. He’s played the creature from Frankenstein, Dracula (ten times), the mummy, Rasputin, Jekyll and Hyde, and many other characters of the occult.
If you are looking for a new scary movie binge, why not honor the late Christopher Lee by bingeing on his scary movies during the month of October? If you are an Amazon Prime member, these movies are available on Amazon Video for free as part of your membership. They are also available for rent on Amazon Video.
Here’s what I’ll be watching. Note that many films may have changed names.
- Circus of Fear (or Psycho-Circus)
- Raw Meat
- Season of the Witch
- Theatre of Death (or Blood Fiend)
- Dracula AD 1972
- To the Devil…a Daughter
- Horror Express
- House of the Long Shadows
- The Satanic Rites of Dracula (or Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride)
- Taste the Blood of Dracula
- In Search of Dracula
- Count Dracula
- The Mummy
- Hercules in the Haunted World
- The Blood of Fu Manchu
- The House that Dripped Blood
- Nothing But the Night
- Crimson Cult (or Curse of the Crimson Altar)
- Dr. Terror’s House of Horrors
- Dracula Prince of Darkness
- Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism
- The City of the Dead (or Horror Hotel)
- Dark Shadows
- The Resident
- Sleepy Hollow
- Gremlins II: The New Batch
- The Wicker Tree
- Corpse Bride
- The Bloody Judge
- Horror of Dracula
- Scars of Dracula